Certified «Remarkable Employer», NANUK is a Canadian company with a clear mission: innovate, design and manufacture the highest quality injection molded plastic cases in the world. The company takes pride in offering custom products and a variety of complementary services to customers in Canada and abroad. Its NANUK line of waterproof cases inspires confidence in professionals around the world who use them to organize, protect and carry their equipment and instruments in some of the most inhospitable environments.
We are currently looking for a Director of Operational Excellence for our head office located in Terrebonne. The candidate must be comfortable in manufacturing, operations, distribution and supply chain environments.
Reporting to the Vice President of Operations, Distribution and Procurement, the Director of Operational Excellence is responsible for ensuring operational excellence through process optimization initiatives, standardization of work methods and processes in warehousing, assembly, production and distribution. He/she is also responsible for the implementation of quality processes, coaching and development of the culture that promotes efficiency and productivity.
He/she participates in the orientation of the manufacturing and distribution strategy and takes charge of continuous improvement projects aimed at increasing capacity, improving safety, quality and productivity in order to meet the organization's rapid growth objectives. He/she implements new work methods in a team environment. He/she manages and monitors improvement projects from the design phase through to implementation in the field.
The Director of Operational Excellence is responsible for supporting the preparation of new lines and work cells and the industrialization of new products. This includes identifying and analyzing opportunities for improvement and proposing solutions for increased efficiency. The fundamental objective of this position is to ensure continuous improvement in the operation and overall efficiency of the warehousing, inventory management, assembly and screen printing production processes in addition to organizing and planning the introduction of new products.
The incumbent participates in the definition and implementation of systems and infrastructure optimization to support the company's strategic plan for rapid growth. We are looking for an outstanding team-player who can work in close collaboration with the various departments.
Our ideal candidate brings extensive experience in operations, processes and process improvement.
Position Role and Responsibility:
- Responsible to implement continuous improvement projects - Major project first 12 months, MRP (Bill of Materials, BOM, Rooting) and WMS Implementation.
- Contribute to the definition and development of the industrial, operational and distribution strategy related to the growth of the organization by identifying opportunities for continuous improvement projects, taking charge of their implementation, then ensuring the follow-up in order to meet the objectives established at all levels of the organization. Create and implement processes (Methods, Industrial Engineering, Tooling & Industrial Strategy).
- Drive the industrialization and optimization of our main operations center.
- Use of tools to support the analysis of work processes.
- Train teams on tools, processes in place and performance indicators to ensure standardization of our processes and service to customers.
- Support teams in structuring and documenting standard procedures and work instructions.
- Ensure the maintenance, updating and distribution of documentation related to the description of processes and procedures of all sectors of the NANUK Group.
- Implement process optimization and continuous improvement initiatives based on best practices, while ensuring that they are followed.
- Use of Lean Six Sigma tools (5S, KPI, SMED, VSM and Kaizen)
- Develop operational procedures and standardize operating conditions while ensuring that they are respected.
- Continuously improve operations to increase quality, productivity, efficiency and cost savings.
- Implement an ISO9001 quality system within 24 months
- Train and lead interdisciplinary members, focusing on measurable improvements in quality, service and cost.
- Organize and lead meetings with interdepartmental team members to optimize processes and methods.
- Develop, implement methods and requirements for the introduction of new products into production.
- Identify ways to increase capacity and improve efficiencies (cost reduction) through the implementation of performance improvement solutions.
Gestion de projet :
- Analyze requirements as they relate to anticipated gains or capacity increase needs, modeling and recommendation.
- Develop the execution strategy for each assigned project
- Track project schedule and deliverables
- Communicate project progress
Including other related activities;
- Optimization of the production process / Investment in advanced technologies
- Develop and modernize equipment
- Emphasize employee training
- Team problem solving (A3, 8D, 5Why)
- Organization and standardization of the work environment
- Establish the concept of Takt TIME on new lines and work cells
- Define the configuration of new lines and work cells
- Evaluate the methods of feeding material to the lines and work cells
- Perform employee work content balancing
- Identify opportunities for continuous improvement in manufacturing processes
- Integrate the 5S approach to its projects
- Provide technical support to the entire plant as needed;
- Lead and direct continuous improvement activities;
- Conduct feasibility studies;
- Apply the principles of value-added production (VAP) and LEAN principles.
The profile we are looking for:
- University degree in Industrial Engineering or relevant field
- A minimum of 10 years of experience in process improvement and/or project management
- Must be customer oriented, dynamic, open minded, results oriented, autonomous in the execution of his tasks and have a strong sense of priority management
- Good communicator and ability to influence
- Ability to work with all levels of the organization
- Ability to challenge the status quo and be a good communicator
- Demonstrate good knowledge of manufacturing systems and VAP tools (Kaizen, SMED, 6S, etc.)
- Change management in a dynamic and fast-paced environment: Ability to demonstrate inclusive, participatory and collaborative leadership;
- Must demonstrate a hands-on, operational approach to leadership
- Ability to manage multiple tasks/projects simultaneously.
- Bilingualism, French and English, spoken and written;
- Strong interpersonal skills and team player;
- Customer oriented.
- Experience in implementing MRP, WMS and other systems
- Knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics Great Plains, an asset;
By applying at NANUK, you could be part of a tightly knit team of professionals for whom each day represents a new opportunity for accomplishment and fun among colleagues.
If you are interested in this exciting challenge and have the skills required, please contact us:
Alain Boissonneault, Human Resources and Organizational Development Director