Certified «Remarkable Employer», NANUK is a Canadian company with a clear mission: innovate, design and manufacture the highest quality injection molded plastic cases in the world. The company takes pride in offering custom products and a variety of complementary services to customers in Canada and abroad. Its NANUK line of waterproof cases inspires confidence in professionals around the world who use them to organize, protect and carry their equipment and instruments in some of the most inhospitable environments.
We are currently looking for a Continuous Improvement and Process Optimization Engineer for our head office located in Terrebonne. The candidate must be comfortable in manufacturing, operations, distribution and supply chain environments.
Reporting to the Director of Operational Excellence, the Continuous Improvement and Process Optimization Engineer is responsible for supporting the preparation of new lines and work cells and the industrialization of new products. He/she will be responsible for identifying and analyzing the various improvement opportunities and proposing solutions in order to increase efficiency. The fundamental objective of this position is to ensure continuous improvement in the operation and overall efficiency of the warehousing, inventory management, assembly and screen-printing production processes in addition to organizing and planning the introduction of new products.
In collaboration with the Director of Operational Excellence and other colleagues, the chosen candidate will contribute to the definition of manufacturing, warehousing and distribution orientations. He/she will participate in the definition and implementation of systems and infrastructure optimization to support the company's strategic plan for rapid growth. We are looking for an outstanding team-player who can work in close collaboration with the various departments.
Our ideal candidate brings extensive experience in operations, processes and process improvement.
Position Role and Responsibility:
- Responsible to implement continuous improvement projects - Major project first 12 months, MRP (Bill of Materials, BOM, Routing) and WMS Implementation.
- Use of Lean Six Sigma tools (5S, KPI, SMED, VSM and Kaizen)
- Develop operational procedures and standardize operating conditions while ensuring that they are respected.
- Continuously improve operations to increase quality, productivity, efficiency and cost savings.
- Train and lead interdisciplinary members while focusing on measurable improvements in quality, service and cost.
- Organize and lead meetings with interdepartmental team members to optimize processes and methods.
- Develop and implement methods and requirements for the introduction of new products into production.
- Identify ways to increase capacity and improve efficiencies (cost reduction) through the implementation of performance improvement solutions.
Including other related activities;
- Production process optimization / Investment in advanced technologies
- Develop and modernize equipment
- Emphasis on employee training
- Team problem solving (A3, 8D, 5Why)
- Organization and standardization of the work environment
- Establish the concept of Takt time on new lines and work cells
- Define the configuration of new lines and work cells
- Evaluate the methods of feeding material to the lines and work cells
- Perform employee work flow balancing
- Identify opportunities for continuous improvement in manufacturing processes
- Integrate the 5S approach to its projects
- Provide technical support to the entire plant as needed;
- Run and lead continuous improvement activities;
- Conduct feasibility studies;
- Apply the principles of value-added production (VAP) and LEAN principles.
The profile we are looking for:
- Bachelor's degree in engineering (mechanical, polymer or industrial preferred).
- 5 years of experience in the manufacturing field
- Lean Six Sigma Green belt (preferred)
- 3-5 years of statistical, Lean Six Sigma or other RCA experience (preferred)
- Advanced computer skills
- Ability to work with all levels within the organization.
- Ability to challenge the status quo and be a good communicator.
- Demonstrate good knowledge of manufacturing systems and VAP tools (Kaizen, SMED, 6S, etc.).
- Change management in a dynamic and fast-paced environment: Ability to demonstrate inclusive, participatory and collaborative leadership;
- Must demonstrate a hands-on, operational approach to leadership
- Ability to manage multiple tasks/projects simultaneously.
- Bilingualism, French and English, spoken and written;
- Strong interpersonal skills and team player;
- Customer oriented.
- Experience in implementing MRP, WMS and other systems
- Knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics Great Plains, an asset;
By applying at NANUK, you could be part of a tightly knit team of professionals for whom each day represents a new opportunity for accomplishment and fun among colleagues.
If you are interested in this exciting challenge and have the skills required, send us your resume to email@example.com.