Certified «Remarkable Employer», NANUK is a Canadian company with a clear mission: innovate, design and manufacture the highest quality injection molded plastic cases in the world. The company takes pride in offering custom products and a variety of complementary services to customers in Canada and abroad. Its NANUK line of waterproof cases inspires confidence in professionals around the world who use them to organize, protect and carry their equipment and instruments in some of the most inhospitable environments.
We are currently looking for a planner for our head office located in Terrebonne to support the current Accounting/Finance team in the entire accounting cycle. The candidate must be comfortable in a manufacturing environment.
Position Role and Responsibility:
As a planner you will be responsible for preparing daily, weekly and monthly production schedules and objectives. You will perform the analysis that will determine the capacity required to achieve the production plan as well as the impact of new orders within the delivery timeframe on the components and capacities required.
You will also be responsible for generating the demand signal used for raw material purchasing, capacity planning, manpower planning and production planning.
You will participate in the implementation and optimization of the planning systems, their parameterization as well as the optimization of the processes.
In addition, you will ensure good communication with internal customers.
- Prepare and optimize production schedules by promoting maximum occupancy rates on equipment in the short and medium term;
- Analyze and manage the priorities of production;
- Analyze production performance;
- Manage capacity tools for plant equipment to predict production bottlenecks;
- Proactively report potential delivery issues and propose solutions to resolve them;
- Participate in the optimization of methods, tools and performance indicators for proper production planning;
- Plan the production of finished products at our subcontractors;
- Ensure the maintenance and accuracy of data in the integrated system to avoid manufacturing errors, stock-outs and optimize inventory tracking;
- Determine the causes of inventory shortages and apply corrective measures, if necessary;
- Participate in the development of safety stock and point of order (POR) policies for finished goods to meet sales and maximize finished goods inventory turns;
- Produce and communicate various operational reports;
- Be responsive and responsive to changes in demand and priorities in a timely manner to meet customer needs;
- Act as a resource to sales and customer service personnel regarding product demand and/or availability;
- Provide various analyses related to demand planning;
- Liaise with other departments regarding demand planning;
- Participate in meetings with other departments within the company to exchange information on priorities and needs;
- Work closely with several departments;
- Perform any other tasks required by your manager.
Your qualifications :
- Minimum of seven (7) years of experience in production and demand planning;
- Good ability to learn new computer software;
- CPIM certification - an asset;
- Expert level with an ERP system;
- Excel expert level;
- Proficiency with MS Office suite required;
- Knowledge of MS Project - an asset;
- Knowledge of Access - an asset;
- Experience in ERP system implementation - an asset.
Your skills :
- Experience in production planning in a manufacturing environment;
- Experience with continuous improvement concepts (Lean Manufacturing, Six Sigma, Kaizen, etc.);
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills;
- Excellent time management and priority setting skills;
- Organizational skills;
- Excellent teamwork, collaboration, communication and interpersonal skills;
- Ability to work under pressure and manage urgent situations;
- Autonomous and able to work with minimal supervision;
- Adaptability with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment with multiple, tight and changing priorities;
- Demonstrate leadership skills;
- Understanding of the importance of customer service;
- Comfortable working in a factory environment;
- Bilingual (French-English).
Applying at NANUK means you could join a close-knit team of professionals for whom every day is a new opportunity for accomplishment and fun with colleagues.
Our company culture:
- Our mission : We Innovate, We Design, We Build solutions to support our customers passions.
- Our vision: NANUK, a World-Renowned Brand dedicated to creating the best Professional Products to Organize, Protect & Carry.
- Our values: Passion, Innovation, Respect, Engagement, Teamwork
We will be pleased to receive your Curriculum Vitae by email at the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org